COVER YOUR ASSETS
Property insurance is necessary for those who own their homes or condos as well as those who rent. Your home is one of your biggest assets and should be protected from unforeseen events. If you rent your home or condo, your landlord’s policy likely only covers your building but not your personal belongings.
You need coverage that is designed to fit your lifestyle and keep your home and/or personal belongings protected. Not only do we provide the ultimate protection for your home and your assets, which allows you to feel secure, we also provide that same level of protection for your mortgage company in the event of a disaster.
COVERAGE FOR YOUR HOME
Whether you own or rent a home or condo, there is a Motorists policy available to provide the protection you need. Our policies cover property across these major categories:
- Vacation homes
- Personal property
Coverage across these categories includes a variety of items and scenarios:
- For your personal possessions such as clothing, furniture, appliances and electronics.
- For liability if you are responsible for injury or damage to another person or their property. This may include coverage for injury or damage caused by your household pets.
- For medical payments if anyone becomes injured while at your home.
- Against perils such as fire, theft, vandalism, hail and windstorm.
- For detached garages, workshops or yard barns.
Optional coverages which may be added to your Motorists Insurance Group Homeowners policy include:
- Replacement cost coverage on your furniture and personal possessions.
- Coverage for your jewelry, furs, silver, golf equipment and collectibles.
Your policy may be eligible for discounts based on the following criteria:
- Age of your home
- Recent renovations such as updating the roof, wiring or plumbing
- An excellent credit rating
- Bundling with your Motorists Automobile policy
Coverages, limits, features and availability vary by state.