Small changes can add up to a big difference – and this undoubtedly applies to stretching. By adding a few minutes of stretching to your daily routine, you could see a significant increase in flexibility and a significant decrease in fatigue. When combined with workplace ergonomic assessments (which Encova Insurance can conduct), stretching can help reduce musculoskeletal disorders.
Benefits of regular stretching:
- Increases flexibility and joint range of motion
- Improves circulation and blood flow to your muscles, preparing you for activity
- Prevents your muscles from getting tight, allowing you to maintain proper posture
- Relaxes tight and tense muscles that often accompany stress
- Enhances coordination by maintaining range of motion in your joints, helping you keep better balance
While stretching, it’s important to follow these safety tips.
- Don’t bounce when performing a stretch; hold your stretch for the full duration.
- Focus on a pain-free stretch; if you feel pain, you’ve gone too far.
- Relax and breathe freely; don’t hold your breath while stretching.